Terms & ConditionsTerms and Conditions
The customer agrees to be bound by this sale agreement and accepts its terms and conditions (unless the customer has signed a separate formal purchase agreement with Indigo POS, in which case the separate agreement shall govern).
Indigo POS is wholly owned and operated by Indigo Software Limited. Indigo Software Limited is a New Zealand owned company operating since August 2002.
Formation of Contract
The contract is formed only when the goods are dispatched by the seller.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
Where the buyer is acquiring the product for the purpose of business activity then the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply.
In the event the buyer is acquiring the product for purposes other than that of a business, then these conditions of sale shall be interpreted subject to the purchaser's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, to the intent that no provisions shall any way limit the buyer's rights under the Act.
Out of Stock Products & Back-orders
If a product is ordered but later found to be out of stock the seller reserves the right to place the order on back order and confirm a suggested eta with the customer. The customer may ask Indigo to either find and offer an alternative (similar) product (if an alternative option is available). If there is a price difference, an increase will need to be paid by the customer or if cheaper the difference refunded by Indigo to the customer or if the eta is too long, offer a full refund to the customer.
- Are accepted based on the reason for return, returns are the decision of Indigo POS.
Simple reasons like "I did not want this anymore" are not acceptable for return. Full credit is accepted for goods that have not been opened and the packaging is undamaged. Full credit is only accepted for items within 7 days after delivery to customer. Any un-opened and un-damaged goods outside of the 7 day return policy cannot be returned for credit unless authorised by Indigo POS with a restocking fee applicable (this decision is made by Indigo POS at the time). If the return is accepted, there is a 15% restocking fee. The refund will be paid upon receipt of the goods.
- Indigo POS has the right to refuse a refund on opened packages and packages outside of the 7 day return policy. Opened packages within the 7 day return policy may be accepted back at Indigo POS's discretion (this decision is made by Indigo POS at the time). Opened and used returns incur a restocking fee of 25% to 50%.
- Software cannot be returned for Credit. This is due to copyright regulations.
- Incompatibility issues are the responsibility of you the customer. If you are unsure of the compatibility of a device we recommend you contact us first before purchasing or investigate it with the manufacture of your device.
- Why we charge a restocking fee on returns is because we do not want customers purchasing from us on a try before you buy basis.
- The restocking fee only is applicable when the item is outside of the returns period or is damaged or used. As we then need to re-sell this as a clearance item at a reduction in price.
- All products must be returned with all accessories and packaging we cannot accept back any product that is missing packaging or accessories.
- All Indigo POS products specify the warranty associated with them, if no warranty is specified please check with Indigo POS for warranty details.
- All hardware usually has a 1 year warranty or more. This warranty is held by the manufacturer of the hardware.
- Software, toners, cartridges, paper etc do not have warranties.
- Software will usually have a tech support phone line with the manufacturer.
- Faulty returns are covered by either Indigo POS direct or the manufacturer direct depending on the product. For example, if it is an Epson item with an onsite warranty or a RTB warranty then the support will be direct with Epson New Zealand.
- All Apple products come with a 1 year warranty held with Apple. For issues with any Apple product contact Apple support directly. https://support.apple.com/ipad/repair/service
- Indigo POS will advise you of your warranty procedures when you fill in our return form or feel free to contact us and ask.
- If Indigo POS handles the faulty return/replacement, you need to fill in a return form and Indigo POS will get back to you with return instructions and a return number.
- All faulty repairs and replacements go direct to the service provider and are repaired or replaced under warranty. Only items within their warranty period can be covered under warranty.
- Warranty period starts from the date of invoice (not time of delivery).
- Products outside of warranty period cannot be returned for repair or replacement.
- Software issues are not supported by Indigo POS. They must be raised directly with the software provider.
- Forward replacements, Indigo POS does not do forward replacements.
- The shipping or delivery of items for return for credit or fault to the returns team is the responsibility of the customer. Indigo POS will organise the return freight for the replacement product back to you. This is standard RTB (return to base procedure).
- If the wrong product has been supplied at Indigo POS's error. Then Indigo will pay the return freight for you, this will be done by either courier pickup at your premises or posting a courier ticket to you or reimbursement of the freight cost at the same cost that was charged you to send the original item (depending on product and service team depends on what method above is used).
With the exception of Studio Proper equipment all of our products are supplied by NZ Distributors so all warranties are supported within NZ. On occasions when the distributor is out of stock or a product has become obsolete and no more are available in NZ to replace your unit there may be a shipping wait for a replacement to come to the distributor from overseas. If no replacement can be sourced then either an alternative product or credit will be offered. Studio Proper equipment is supplied directly by Studio Proper Pty Limited in Melbourne, Australia. Any faults will be rectified by them directly from Australia.
The seller shall not be liable to the buyer for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay in delivery of the goods, or failure to perform any term of this contract where such delay or failure is caused directly or indirectly by an act of God, fire, armed conflict, labour dispute, civil commotion, intervention of a government, inability to obtain labour, materials or facilities and accidents, interruptions of, or delay in transportation or any other cause beyond the seller's control.
Indigo POS ships within New Zealand via CourierIT (Fastway) with tracking.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose.
Please also note that the shipping rates for most items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full kilogram.
- Auckland - 1 Working Day
- North Island - 1 to 2 Working Days
- South Island - 1 to 3 Working Days
Payment is required on all good prior to those goods being shipped. No hardware will be shipped without prior payment. Payment is available via Paypal, Credit Card or Direct Debit. Visa and Mastercard credit cards are accepted.